Thursday, January 27, 2011

Food blogs of all shapes and sizes...

Leek pie
I have become obsessed with food blogs, and spend far too much time trawling for them on the internet, Early Gray cupcakes, Lemon Meringue Pie, chocolate polenta cake, Leek pie and cherry plum jam, are just a few of the gastronomic morsels hitting the table at our house - and I want to make more, everything - these blogs with their tried and true simple recipes speak a language my pantry and fridge can understand. So I have set myself a challenge, as is currently popular, to do no grocery shopping this week - except for essentials like milk and bread and use only the ingredients in the house and garden... tonight for dinner - Leek pie!
Lemon poppy seed muffins
Deflated only ever so slightly - the taste, YUM!
Quinn whisking up a storm of fluffy meringue  

No comments: