Sunday, September 11, 2011

A week in September part II

Thursday was marginally better day - the sessions were great, the Takoyaki balls were divine and only $5 per serve and I found a ridiculous pair of fabulous blue feathered earrings for $24 and silver shoes for $15, perfect for the Wiz on Friday night. I've been reading the wonderful The Voice of the Violin - 2003 (La voce del violino - 1997) written by  Andrea Camilleri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Camilleri) and I have not enjoyed a book so much for quite a while.

SEGUE 2
My Wuthering Heights reprisal was a bit limp; should be Withering Heights http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuthering_Heights). I am sorry to say I was again bored to death by this silly book; and I find the character of Heathcliff so freaking unbelievable - I just think it has no weight. Why is it considered a classic? I am disgusted with some interpretations of literature; how can Neil Gaiman not be considered literary yet Jane Eyre's depressive anxious drivel be considered so. Love stories are integral to human nature, as we are so moved by love. But why would anyone write a story so disjointed and confused?
DUMB.
That was Thursday.

Takoyaki Balls and Endamme and 'The voice of the violin'  a Montalbano detective model by Andrea Camilleri. 
 

No comments: